Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Pay it Forward Fridays: The Joy Jar

Every Friday, provided I'm not swamped with something kid related, I'm going to try and post a little snippet about how my family is paying it forward.

This isn't about us, and it isn't to brag.  It is a way to spark a conversation about making the world a better place.  PLEASE comment below on how you and your family are paying it forward.  Better yet, put it up on your blog and do your own Pay it Forward Friday!

The Joy Jar

I did not come up with this idea, but I am so grateful someone did.

Here's how it works:

1) Get a plastic cookie jar with a twist on lid, it should hold about 1/2 a gallon.

2) Decorate it with inspirational quotes, Bible verses, etc.

3) Pray that God will help you fill it up

4) Pray about who to bless with your Joy Jar!

5) Put your spare change in the Joy Jar without exception.

6) Bless a family in need with it, anonymously if you can.

We started in July, and ours is about 3/4 of the way full.  The kids are already trying to come up with families and charities to bless.  God will let us know when the time is right!

Now, go make your own...spread some JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think, and honestly sometimes I need the encouragement.